Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Keepin' the Devil Away

#57.  In Korean markets (Homeplus) there are no cold medicines.  No Sudafed-like drugs to help you get over a cold.  They have separate stand alone pharmacies that have all of the cold medicines.

Today I woke up with a cold.  I blame my little snot-nosed kids who refuse to use Kleenex, wipe their noses on their sleeves and then run to me for a hug.  And my school wonders why the kids are always sick at the same time.  Or why the teachers get sick too.  Common sense friends.

My supervisor took me to the pharmacy and after alot of the throat pointing they understood I needed medicine.  The medicine is in tiny little capsules that you have to take 3x a day.  It will help me "fight cold and keep devil away"...literal translation.

It'll keep the devil away eh? For less than $2 that is quite the deal.

6 comments:

  1. Nothin' like a bowl of chicken soup? Do they have chickens over there or are dogs the only thing that makes soup. Whatever it takes. Maybe, if they don't label me as a drug trafficker, I'll try to slip something into your next package to take care of the "Devil" for you. Take care of your sniffles. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've so enjoyed sitting here and reading from day one. Hope your dad doesn't tell them at the office...lol.
    All I can say is you must be an amazing young lady to pack up and move 1/2 way across the world like you did. No wonder your dad is so proud of you.

    Tom Finney
    MPCI

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Tyler Sheller likes this* lol seriously, bring some of that back home, I need to keep the devil away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might be waiting a long time if your Dad slips you something in the next package. LOL I'm sending package today we will see how long this one takes to get there. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better Jenn. From now on, I'm just gonna get up 10 minutes earlier and sign on to skype. If you are there, awesome... If not, o well. Love you long time.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete