Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I hate needles

#62.  Koreans give injections for colds.  Injections meaning plural.  When I heard injection I thought it would go in the arm.  Like vaccines.  Nope.  Not that lucky.  These specific shots are given in the butt.  Awesome.  Not only do I have a sore throat and headaches that just won't quit, let's add a sore butt to the list of symptoms. 

Now in America if I would have gone to a doctor with my symptoms they would have probably given me antibiotics, inhaler and requested that I get plenty of rest and liquids.  Well i'm definitely not in America anymore.

In Korea they give injections out like they are freaking candy.  You go into a little room, they fill up their magic needles and they stick ya.  Hard.  No warning.  No 1,2,3.  Surprise!

The antibiotics you take are in a packet of 8-12 little capsules.  To be taken at once.  Three times a day.  It looks like i'm downing a freaking pharmacy after every meal.  You know the GNC packs you can get that have all of the required vitamins and supplements for each day?  Yea that's what mine look like only a bit more sketch.  9 in all.  Do the math and it's 27 a day. 

Have I ever mentioned that I hate to swallow pills?

Well I do. 

Especially big ones that are double the size of a peanut M&M.

3 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you're so tough kiddo!! Glad you're feeling better. Still remember to rest and get plenty of fluids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better and you never were good at swallowing pills big or small. Have a great day. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. After catching up on your posts, I think you would like Oregon. There is no sales tax and all gas stations have gas station attendants that must pump your gas for you. The only thing that sucks about not having sales tax is the state income tax rate is 9% (Indiana's is 3 something).

    ReplyDelete