Sunday, March 21, 2010

Korean apartments

#31. Korean apartments do not have central heating. Their heating comes from their floors. A little button on the wall controls the heat for water, floor and washing machine. Weird but kind of nice. Best part? My feet are always warm.

#32. Some Korean apartments use keys. Some use keypads. Luckily my apartment uses a keypad. To get into the building you have to know a code. To get into your individual apartment you have to know another code. No more keys for me. Anyone who knows me understands how often I lose keys. This rocks.

Not much to say today. Spent the day lounging around the apartment getting things as organized as I can. As soon as I get my first paycheck I will be able to get the rest of the stuff I need. Things like cups, silverware, plates, bookcase, pillows, bedding, etc. Ya know...the basics. For now i'm dealing with what I have and becomming increasingly amazing with chopsticks due to my lack of forks. Like able to pick up single grains of rice amazing.

It's okay to be jealous.

8 comments:

  1. I sure wish you would of skyped this weekend. Would of been nice to see your face. Love you long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you are not gonna believe this one Jenn I just taught your dad to put his name on here. ME teaching someone anyone about the computer YAHOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly enjoying your blog. Hearing about things in Korea is amazing. Just an entirely different life. Sun was shining here today (Sunday) which seems nice after the winter we had. I am still working, but every Monday I think about maybe I should quit, but love the income to much for that, at least right now. Have a good day. Love Marilyn Phillips Siemonsma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the in floor heating! How nice to have warm tootsies all the time =) Love the blog, Ross loves it when I tell him funny things that you have said. Wish I could see your face sometime soon. Maybe when our schedules line up we can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom just thought she taught me something. Just wanted her to feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why worry about just keeping your feet warm? Lay your whole body on the floor silly, who needs a bed? :P

    Found your blog and looking forward to keeping in touch. Stay well! Miss & Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you just lay prostrate on the ground to keep your whole body warm!? Who needs a bed :)

    Found your blog love. :) Looking forward to keeping up with you here.

    XOXO Stay well! Miss & Love ya! -- Joe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn-I love reading your blogs. Your details are great and really give us a good picture of what your life is like.

    ReplyDelete