Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Instant coffee and Korean Showers

#12. Other than the coffee at 7 Monkeys or Starbucks...Koreans do coffee out of packets. It is in a packet that looks like a giant crystal light packet and has diferent flavors. You mix it in with hot water and that's all there is to it. Whenever I wanted coffee in America I had to get out my coffee maker, add the coffee grounds, add the water, wait for it to brew, pour my cup, clean up the coffee maker, etc. This way takes all of 2 seconds and actually tastes pretty awesome depending on the flavor. I'm sure there are coffee makers and all that jazz but I think Koreans like the instant gratification of instant coffee. I know I do :)

#13. I'm not sure how I never talked about Korean showers but I haven't. Korean showers are NOT like American. Everything about them is handheld. You have to take the shower by switching hands while the water goes all over the floor. There is a drain under the sink so eventually all of the water goes there. Eventually. It's definately an aquired skill to not get water all over the damn bathroom. So far i've gone through 3 toilet paper rolls because i've soaked them all. Yup. I'm coordinated.

I'm not sure i'll ever run out of the crazy freaking unusual things Koreans do. If I do that means i've been here far too long.

1 comment:

  1. Ok #1: Instant coffee is the bomb diggity-tastic.
    #2: This shower sounds uh-may-zing, although they obviously have no privacy issues in Korea. <3

    Dustin

    ReplyDelete