Thursday, March 18, 2010

Don't Kiss Me...I'm Not Irish

# 27. Koreans run everywhere. They are two blocks away from their apartment and they have 3 heavy bags from Homeplus. They run. They are on their way to the bus stop with no bus in sight? They run. Koreans are always in a hurry and always running. They constantly look frantic. Definitely a bit stressful to watch.

# 28. Koreans add an "uh" to most words. It's something to do with the translation of words and the fact that alot of Korean words have a double letter either at the beginning or at the end. For example. Tonight on the cab ride home from downtown we told our cab driver that he was the "best driver!" He pointed at himself and said "bestuh driveruh?!" Imagine that coming from a tiny Korean in a high pitched voice and you have our cabbie. The "uh" comes after everything and it must be said that it's entertaining as hell.

Wednesday was St. Patty's. We went to the grand opening of a revamped foreign bar named Whistlers. It was a kick ass opening and had a ton of people there that i've met in the past few weeks. Green beer, pool and friends? Can't go wrong. Towards the end of the night we were drinking our beer and having a few laughs when "that guy" comes over to join in our conversation. Now in Korea it's not just "that guy" but "that Korean guy." Completely different. Trust me. He attempts to join our conversation and just keeps pointing at me and my coworker whose name is Jenn (no the irony wasn't lost on either of us) and keeps smiling and giving the thumbs up. We ignore him the best we can without being rude until he comes to me, puts his arms around me and kisses me repeatedly on the cheek while saying "Beautiful. Beautiful." What the hell. Don't Kiss me. I'm not Irish. Thankfully our friend Nick is watching from a nearby table and gets between me and the creepy Korean. The Korean then thinks that Nick and me are together and tells him how lucky he is.

8 comments:

  1. ok...that's just weird!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jenn I guess that if it was gonna happen it would happen to you. You always add just that little bit of excitement, in this case alot of excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the pics on Facebook. They are adorable... do they all have to wear those yellow and green jump suits?!?!?

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. can I just say how much I love all those kiddies! You need to send a few home in a suitcase! They would fit. . . . I like the disclaimer but I will still have to think of them as creepy Korean guys, harassing my sister with all the kissing. NOT COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the pictures on facebook of your little darlins and I think my lil darlins would look adorable in the pink suits. Can't you just see them in the back yard with those outfits. LOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh, much uh, creep uh, out uh! ... ... uh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok Jenn my lil darlins took a pic today and gave piece sign and had dogs also. Should i just send in mail or should I put on facebook or I mean should I have someone put on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! So basically I should move to Korea? lol...that shiz is too good to make up. Literally have tears in my eyes from laughing about that one... <3

    Dustin

    ReplyDelete