Wednesday, March 24, 2010

During the day there is so much hustle and bustle...running to and from different classes..making lesson plans...going downtown to meet up with friends...that sometimes I forget where I am.  I forget how far away I am  from the people in my life that matter most.  I forget that I can't just pick up a phone and tell someone how much i've missed them.  It has to be carefully calculated as to what time zone they are in and if it's 10:08am here it's 9:08pm there or maybe it's really something different entirely.

Somehow tonight it all set in.  At night it's quiet.  It's so quiet.  It's dark and calming and most of the time soothing but tonight it just reminded me how far away from home I am.  How far away from my Mom I am.  My Dad I am.  How i've never been further than 1 1/2 hours away from home for a long period of time.  Now i'm 30 hours+ by plane/bus/taxi.  That realization set in tonight.  Somehow it made it all real.

I've been here for 1 month and somehow tonight of all nights it became real.

I know that i chose to be here.  I know that this is something I want.  I know that 99% of the time I love my choice.  I love it here in Korea.  I love my friends, my job, the culture and experiences.

I love it but sometimes that 1% paralizes me.

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jenn. Just remember what a great thing you are doing there. It is a once in a lifetime experience and it will make you a better, stronger person. I love you.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up Scooter, you will be home before you know it and hoping someday to be going back. It really sucks sometimes to grow up and be on your own. (There are days it still does.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be ok Jenn. You've gotten this far and I know you can do it the rest of the way. You're a strong woman and you can get through this. Let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hear you Jenn-I think we have all had times in our life when we are so far away that it just hurts. We are pulling for you and somehow I think it's part of the process in learning to live and love. Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Jenn! I'm sure you're going to have moments when you feel like you're a world away, but just try to remember what an awesome thing you are doing. Be strong, you will be back home in no time. Thank God for the internet, at least you are able to communicate with everyone here everyday - that's pretty awesome! I at least get to talk to you more now than I ever have :) We all miss you very much too. We got your package and card today. Connor was very excited, that was so sweet of you. Thank you. (i'm sure Ben liked it too) When I ask Connor, where did Jennifer go, he says "Kowea" It's so cute. I'll try to get some video and email it to you. Stay strong and try to focus on the 99% of the good times. We'll get you through the 1% of sadness.

    ReplyDelete