Monday, March 14, 2011

TILT Cruisers and Crab

[Another big thank you to Emily for taking pictures during our scooter trip!]

The weather is finally getting warmer here in Pohang.  During the day it almost feels like spring.  When the blossoms finally make their appearance it will finally look like the spring weather we are all so desperate for.

I spent my Sunday with a bunch of other proud scooter owners going up and down the coast.  We have dubbed ourselves the "TILT Cruisers" and are already planning trips for the upcoming summer.  We spent this recent Sunday driving to Odo Beach (one of the best ocean views in Korea) and to Yeongduk for a crab festival.  I finally understand why my father has been jonesing for a motorcycle all these years.  There is just something about being on the open road with just you, the road and the breathtaking scenery.  Dad, I finally understand.

The majority of the TILT Cruisers

The lady riders posing for a picture overlooking the view of Odo Beach

The boys

We spend the majority of our day exploring the beaches and the amazing crab at the festival.  For my first riding trip that was longer than a casual 15 minute ride to the bus station, I think I did rather well.  I'm still fine tuning my skills but I have been assured they will only improve with continued riding.  After an amazing full day of riding I can only wait with anticipation for the upcoming summer and all the adventures to be had.

Keep on the lookout for the upcoming excursions.

The crabs just waiting to go for their steam

Teagan was so utterly happy about all the crab about to be devoured

An amazing rice, crab and seaweed combination

Demolished

Teddy and I showing off our face point at the festival

No comments:

Post a Comment