Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Aunt Jean

While there are countless perks to living in Korea, being on the other side of the world when a close family member is rushed to the hospital is most definitely one of the downsides.  I woke up today to a facebook status update about my Aunt Jean being in the hospital for an aneurysm. What a way to wake up.

Since recovering from the intial shock that my beloved Aunt Jean was in the hospital, I immediately reached for my imaginary phone (yes, I am refering to skype)  and called my mom.  She has lost so many brothers during the past few years that I just couldn't imagine her losing another close member of our family.  This time, a sister.  All I wanted to do was rush home and be with her, even though I knew that it was completely unnecessary and impossible.  I also knew that even if the impossible were to happen and I got home to her, there would be absolutely nothing I could do.  I couldn't fix my aunt.  I couldn't make my mom stress any less.  I can't cook, so I couldn't even make the comfort food most people do in these situations.

I spent my day on edge, waiting for more information and praying as hard as I could.  She is improving by the hour and is almost breathing on her own now.  Please send a prayer to whoever you call God for my Aunt Jean for a rapid recovery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment