Sunday, March 13, 2011

Andong, Beerball, Ryan Kracht

[A big thank you to Emily for taking pictures during our Andong excursion]

As you know,  I am the o so proud owner of a new scooter.  Since my last post I have mastered (ok, semi-mastered) all of the basics of riding a scooter.  My first big test was riding it to the bus terminal on Saturday with one of my best girlfriends, Emily.  She has me convinced that I could do it and she was right!  Easy as pie.  Oh, pie. Delicious apple pie.  Ok, back on track.

We ended up driving to the terminal to meet up with my coworkers, Lia and Brendan.  We spent the afternoon in Andong, a small folk village a few hours away.  I went there last fall but it was such a peaceful place that I wanted to see it again and bring some new friends along for the experience.  The quiet mood of the village coupled with all of the souvenir treasures made the day quite a success.

Sometimes I don't always show my cultural side.

The markers for the village

While Lia and Brendan stayed for an extra few hours to soak in as much culture as humanly possible, Emily and I decided we were cultured out and went back to Pohang for a little beerball action.  That's right folks.  Beerball is back.  

Unfortunately we only made it for the last part of the game but it was still quite eventful nonetheless.  Combining a huge group of foreigners together with alcohol and America's favorite past-time is sure to be entertaining.  Beerball ended with the American team (yes, we know that it wasn't exactly fair to put all of the Americans on one team and the rest of the foreigners on the other) winning.  Clearly we had just a bit of an advantage.

The evening wound up at TILT for yet another farewell party.  Ryan Kracht, one of the coolest kids in Pohang, is finally done with his time here and is headed back to Michigan.  Your amazing mustaches, permed faux hawked hair and unparalleled storytelling ability will be missed sir. 

Ryan, the man mustaches are made of

Enjoy America sir.  Eat some cheese for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment