Friday, March 11, 2011

Financial Milestone

A financial milestone has been reached.  I just paid the last and final payment on my credit card(s).  I am completely free of any and all credit card debt.  Imagine me doing the "I have no credit card debt" dance.   While compared to others I know I was on the shallow end of the debt pool when it came to the shiny plastic card of convenience, I am finally out of that pool for good.  It took the better part of a year to rid myself of that particular debt and now that it's done I feel like I am 10lbs lighter.  Oh, if only it were that easy.

My next goal is to pay off at least ONE of my private students loans that were taken out during college.  My goal is to have at least one of them paid off before I leave Korea in November.

If I can get rid of my credit card debt I can rid myself of one teeny tiny (well not so teeny) student loan right?

Right?

2 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED for you!! I am feeling the pressure of my own credit card/student loan debt and it's no fun!

    PS: How badly, if at all, was Korea impacted by the earthquake? Are they taking on any refugees from Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud of you. Knowing and doing something about it is half the battle

    ReplyDelete