Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rest in Peace Frank

Today I woke up after a restless sleep to find a message in my facebook inbox.  It was from a friend from a long time ago when I worked at Longhorn Steakhouse near my hometown.  She began the message with the usual "it's been a long time" but I knew there was another reason for her sudden communication.  Unfortunately my hunch was correct.  She was writing to let me know that one of our former fellow coworkers had lost his fight to Leukemia.  Oh Frank.

I worked at Longhorn for more than 2 years and even though Frank was not there for the entirety of the time, he was part of the heart of the company.  He always had a hug for the girls, handshake for the boys and a kind word for everyone.  His smile was infectious.  When Frank smiled, you smiled.  He was always able to lighten the morale of the staff and was a joy to be around.  He will most certainly be missed.

If you pray, please say a prayer for Frank and those around him who are suffering.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is so difficult when you are far away and someone dies. It takes away your choice of what to do (go to viewing/funeral).

    ReplyDelete