Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Poundage

Before I left for Korea I was a regular at a local gym and had my very own personal trainer.  He kicked my butt back into shape and helped me lose those unwanted pounds that plague the majority of the human population.  With 30 pounds down and three entire months of conscious, healthy eating  under my belt I was sure I would have ZERO problem keeping those pounds off and then some while in Korea.  I quickly learned I was wrong.

Back in the states it is easy to find lean grilled chicken, salads, low fat dressings, inexpensive healthy meal replacement options when on the go...not exactly the case in Korea.  While there is grilled chicken it is difficult to find and for me (not blessed with cooking skills) a bit of a challenge to prepare.  Salads are basically non-existent unless you want to pay and arm and a leg for all of the ingredients.  The normal low fat dressings for salads and alike are nowhere to be found either.  All of my teaching on what to eat got thrown out the window due to the variation in diet in Korea in comparison to that of America.   Couple with that my inability to get to the gym for the past two months due to my broken ankle and you have a pretty good idea at where i'm at.

I am still not at my original weight before I started working out at home but if I continue on my current path I will be there before I know it.  I refuse to again be the girl that hides behind others in pictures. Or run into the ocean as fast as humanly possible so no one will see me in a swimsuit.

With a healed ankle I am ready to get back to the basics of getting healthy again and shedding some poundage.  Back to the gym in the mornings, back to walking around Pohang at night.  Try to limit my rice intake and increase my intake of veggies, fruits and lean proteins.  I have a renewed ambition about losing weight that I haven't felt since I was back with my personal trainer in Muncie.

I'm ready.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you I know you will figure it out. Too bad we weren't blessed with skinny jeans. Just once I would love to eat whatever I would like and not have to worry about it the next day. You will do great at least you know you have issues and boldly embrace them. LOL Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Jenn... I agree with mom... clearly none of us were blessed with skinny jeans. Sushi isn't a bad option if you get the right kind.

    Good luck with the lifestyle change. Love and miss you mucho

    Ang

    ReplyDelete