Sunday, April 3, 2011

Slow Computers

"Lightning fast Internet."  "Unparalleled internet speed."  "One of the most technologically advanced countries in the world."  All of these quotes are supposedly about South Korea.  People ooooh and ahhhh over the supposed speed of the internet here and how it is the wave of the future.

Balogna. I really want to say a different word but Dad just would not be please with that kind of language.

For more than a month I have had the slowest skype imaginable.  I cannot get my internet speed to go fast enough to get good video.  Due to the fact that I am far from being technologically savvy, I have turned to my technie minded friends here in the "internet hub" of Korea for help.  I have been assured that there is nothing wrong with my computer and that skype should be working perfectly.  I guess my computer and its piss poor internet connection has a different idea.

Hopefully I will be able to find yet another computer guru to fix my lifeline to my friends and family.  My internet is fast enough for my blog, facebook and to check my mail but the complexity of streaming video to a different country is proving to be too much of a challenge.

Let's hope that all of this can be fixed this week.  Hopefully all that kimchi I have been eating will give me the good luck that I so desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment