Saturday, April 30, 2011

Power

I feel like I am on the edge of a sword.  Not quite balanced.  Unsure of myself.  Sometimes it takes the smallest gesture or comment to make someone rethink certain facets of their lives.  Of themselves.  Rethink how they got to this specific moment and what will happen next if the wrong decision is chosen.  The right decision is chosen.

This is all steming from a somewhat heated conversation recently had with a good friend regarding my future.  She simply stated her opinion, quite forcefully I may add, that I was no longer the kind of person easily satisfied with a quiet life in the suburbs.  Adventures far and few in between.  The bucket list that had been slowly shrinking, paused.  Am I really ready for grad school or does my nomadic spirit need an extention instead of a reprieve?  I began the grad school idea with the mentatlity that there would be plenty of time to make decisions.  I'm on the heels of May and still without a clue as to where I will go next.  While I currently live a life that is intricately laced with uncertainty, I would like a few things certain.

What am I willing to give up?
Who am I willing to sacrifice?
What is it that I truly want?

I know throughout all of this that the only person that I need to be worrying about is myself.  In the end it is only me that is truly impacted by my decisions, whatever the choice.  Even though I know this, the voice of my friend is still echoing in my ear, making me scrutinize my decisions.  For whoever is reading this, whether it be a loyal reader who has been there from the beginning or someone randomly stumbling across this blog, do me a favor.  Hell, do yourself and humanity a favor.  Think before you speak.  It sounds simple and the most basic of instincts but you never know how even the most seemingly innocent of comments can alter the mindframe of any one person.

Be careful.
Your words have more power than you think.

1 comment:

  1. Yes there is power in words. They lift you up or bring you down, gives clarity or confusion. That's how we human people manage to behave at best but if you ask God for answers; how to proceed with your life and you honestly want him to guide you; you will not have any trouble knowing what to do if you have the patience to wait for His answer. Just keep this in mind: it can be challenging, even including hardship but still with peace of mind. Peace of mind seems to be a way to determine if what is ahead is right or wrong.
    I've followed and enjoyed your Blog for some time and I wish you all the best now and in the future
    Ida

    ReplyDelete