Saturday, May 8, 2010

Swastikas and Travel

#87.  In Korea there are swastikas everywhere.  The swastikas in Korea mean peace and are an ancient symbol that has a history that goes back for thousands of yeras.  Unfortunately, even though the peaceful swastika was first, Hitler made it infamous and is remembered in history.  Why Hitler just couldn't be original and make his own symbol for genocide is beyond me.  He had to go and ruin a perfectly good peace symbol from the Buddhist. 

A temple in Korea

#88.  Eggs are a staple in Korean food.  It is in everything.  While I love a good bit of egg, sometimes it is a bit much.  Do I really need egg in my soup, kimbop and rice all in one meal?  I think not.  Mix it up a little Korea. 

#89.  While on the topic of eggs...the Korean eggs are not like those found in America.  Ok so maybe you think "well, an egg is an egg."  Wrong.  Tiny eggs that vary in color from brown to speckled are just not the same as homegrown American white eggs.  They are also 99% of the time not refrigerated.  Healthy.

I have finally picked out where I am going on my upcoming holidays so get ready to be o so jealous.  My summer holiday (yes i've started calling it holiday instead of vacation because of all my damn british friends) is in the end of July and I will be spending it in the Phillipenes.  Who would have ever thought I would spend a holiday there?  Not me.  I am also going to go to China in the fall to see the Great Wall.  My winter holiday is going to be spent in South Africa. 

Just call me world traveler.

2 comments:

  1. Think of all the things I will get to see through you. LIttle bit of heaven. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's amazing that you get to visit all of those places. once in a lifetime - live it up!

    ReplyDelete