Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011: Pohang Edition

I hope you all had a very happy Halloween and that you are stuffed to the brim with candy and spooky treats galore.  As my last post explained, my spooky day at Kids College was a barrel of fun.  While it was a barrel of fun, it was with dozens of tiny children who were vying for my attention by screaming about their favorite candy, throwing tantrums about not getting the candy they wanted or not getting as much candy as the person next to them.  Obviously candy was a big factor in this years Halloween for my students.  Shockingly enough though it wasn't my littlest kids that were the biggest whiners.  The whines came from my oldest kids.

But, i'm getting away from the topic of conversation at hand.  This post is about a Halloween away from all the itty bitties and being in the company of people who have the ability to understand what i'm saying and be able to enjoy an adult beverage or two.  Or three.  Or four.

This year, I split my time between TILT (you know i'd be there) and LiveStory (a local bar that plays live music) with the boyfriend and all of my friends.  Dan and I went all out this year and got mail ordered costumes of Mario and Princess Peach.  Unbeknownst to us, Mario and Princess Peach are HUGE in Korea.     Everywhere we went, we were greeted with, "MARIO!  PEACH! Picture!  Picture!"  We felt like quite the celebrities and actually ended up being the winners in a contest!  Hooray for us!

Due to the fact that a picture is worth a thousand words, I think the pictures of that night can explain it better than I can.  

Princess Peach and her Mario

Mario getting embraced by the owner of LiveStory

A demon, zebra and a bunch of grapes

Vampire and Elphaba (from the musical Wicked)

The ever famous, Angry Bird

Wonder Woman and a very realistic skeleton

Some of my favorite ladies partying the night away

No comments:

Post a Comment