Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recent Ridiculousness

It's been awhile since i've actually written about what i've done in Korea.  I've done the usual "it's late and here's what I am thinking" or the "Wordless Wednedays" but not much about daily life.

Here you go.

The past few weeks have been hectic to say the very least.  Teachers coming and going.  Getting back into the swing of teaching after a Thailand vacation.  Getting ready to come back to the good ol' USA.  Goodbye parties everywhere.  Like I said, hectic.

One very good thing to come out of the busyness is that the ladies of Pohang have decided that we need to see much more of eachother. Specifically, we need to see more of eachother without all the men.  While we girls do love all the boys that make up our group, it's nice to sometimes JUST have the ladies.  Talk about the boys.  Talk about female things.  Gossip.  Yes, gossip.  It happens in every circle and regardless of what the boys say, they do it too.  We have instituted a bi-monthly(ish) girls only afternoon and it has made a HUGE difference for me.  There's just something about being with girls who are all going through similar things and have similar outlooks on life that puts a smile on my face.

Aside from the ladies who lunch, I have been attempting to lay low in order to save money and not tucker myself out before the big stateside visit.  In less than 9 days (finally single digits) I will be flying into the Indianapolis airport and enjoying American food at its finest.  Now for the obvious (well at least it seems to be for the living abroad teacher spending the holiday at home) question.  What will my first meal be?  My meal is still up in the air (I have narrowed it down to be some sort of boneless fish) but my beverage has been decided for months.  And yes, I will explain why the "boneless fish" would be a priority after coming from living for a year in a coastal city.  Back to the important topic of the beverage.  At home,  I am a huge fan of Blue Moon.  A pint of that with a orangce slice in a frosted mug...Yes please.  Yes, it's beer.  No, i'm not an alcoholic.  You try living off crappy beer that rivals PBR (sorry Lia) for a year and tell me how you feel about your favorite brewed beverage.  You would be just as pumped as me.

Clearly going back to the states has been on my mind for weeks.  The countdown is finally in single digits.  It is slowly becoming a reality.  Almost there.  One more full week of teaching and it's back to the stars and stripes I go.  NICE-UH!

To close here are a few pictures from the past few weeks.

[Photos Courtesy of Olya and Justin]


Eating honest to goodness King crab for the first time.
Clearly I was skeptical at first but after digging in I realized I will
have to visit the coastal cities MUCH more often.  One of the best
meals of my life.   

The last night for Pohang's favorite cover band, Happy Accidents.

Potluck game night at Franks.  Amazing food.  Great games.
Fantastic company.  What else could I have asked for?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh jenn.... I can't even wait until you're home... I can't wait to play mexican train dominoes with the family and just be with everyone again! I love you so much

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you don't enjoy the Hite and Max beers, haha...We found good beer in Seoul but it was EXPENSIVE! $8 a bottle....

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait Jenn only 8 more days Love you

    ReplyDelete