Friday, January 7, 2011

2011: A Second Year in Korea

I have decided to forgo the traditional and impractical "New Years Resolutions" this year.  I am not in a traditional place so why should my resolutions be that way?

This year I have a few other resolutions that I will try to keep.  Try is the operative word.  I am not talking about losing a specific number of pounds.  Visit a specific amount of countries.  Do a certain amount of experiences.  My resolutions are more abstract and more fitting to my surroundings and my current frame of mind.  Simplicity is key when you are living in a country so far away from home.

Be more spontaneous
Live in the moment
Take every single opportunity to experience a different culture or country
Save enough money to finish my education when returning stateside
Pay off my credit card(s)
Keep an open mind
Be mindful of others
Become more participative of the outdoor and active population of Pohang
Be more diligent in writing in this blog to remind myself of the amazing experiences had abroad
Skype more often to friends and family
Make time for myself and not allow the feeling of selfishness to overwhelm me
Do my best to impart knowledge into the minds of my students
Stop sweating the small stuff
Learn to pick my battles
Stand up for myself
Don't settle for less than I deserve

There you go.  That's the simplified list.  Short. Sweet. To the point.  2010 was a whirlwind of change and excitement.  For 2011, I hope it brings me much of the same excitement from the previous year but with additional clarity, understanding and patience mixed in. I have a feeling that 2011 will be filled with memories that will last a lifetime.  If it is anything like the last year, I am in for one hell of a crazy ride.

Bring it on 2011.  I'm finally ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment