Monday, November 15, 2010

Hot Yoga

Today I found a new love.  No Mom, not a man, Yoga.  More specifically, Hot Yoga.  I know, I know.  "Jenn loves Yoga now?!"  A few of my friends have been talking about it for awhile now and I decided see what it was all about. I like my gym but it has been feeling a little monotonous lately so I decided to at least try it out.  For one whole hour, I was twisted into positions I never thought possible and sweat more than I ever have in my life.  And yes Chili's kids from Muncie, that includes all of our softball games during the summer tournaments.  Combined.

Now, you may be asking exactly what "Hot Yoga" is and what makes it o so cool and special.  Well here's the jist of it.

Hot Yoga is a series of yoga poses done in a heated room.  The room is usually maintained at a temperature of 105 degrees or more.  As you can imagine, a vigorous yoga session at this temperature promotes profuse sweating and makes the body very warm,  and therefore more flexible.

Hot Yoga may be just a craze of the moment but it is something I am going to be looking forward to now that we have hit the cold weather.  Yes 105 degrees is hot but when it is 30 outside it will be a welcome heat.  Who would have ever thought that I would love Yoga?!  I guess now I know to never knock something until i've tried it.  Lesson learned.

This is sweat, not water and yes, this is how I looked post-workout

1 comment:

  1. I know of others that love "hot" yoga. Just be careful not to twist so far with your body heated that you hurt yourself (especially your knees). Glad you have found a new love!

    ReplyDelete