Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chuseok: Part III

Saturday
After the best sleep I had all week long, I went back to the bus station that I love so much to take yet ANOTHER bus.  Our destination this time was to a ropes course in Daegu called Herb Hillz.  Due to the fact that I had been to the course I was nominated to be the leader of the group.  Now if you remember from that post all those months back, the course is kind of like an obstacle course through the trees.  There are zip lines that connect the trees together with ladders, skateboards, bicycles and everything in between.  After a few nervous starts, we completed the course intact.  One member of our group even overcame his intense fear of heights. At least for the afternoon.  Success.

Gayle and Kevin maneuvering around the trees

Peeking around a tree

Ryan doing one of the many zip lines through the course

Group shot after our ride through the trees

After the ropes course we made our way back to Pohang.  After just finishing the course we were all starving and decided that a quick bite to eat and a final tour of our town would round out our new friends' visit to Korea.  One thing we all agreed upon was that you can't come to Pohang without visiting our unique Judko Market.  It was late when we arrived so we immediately went to the seafood section located in the back.  None of them had ever held a huge king crab before and luckily the people at the market were kind enough to let them hold a few and pose for pictures.  Now, I had never held one either and for some reason decided that I would also like to get in on the thrill of holding a live monster of a crab.  

After 3 of our group successfully posed for a picture with their crab it was my turn.  Successful pass of the crab to my arms.  Posing for the picture.  Waiting for the camera to flash.  Sudden immense pressure.  The crab had decided that my picture was one too many and that I could do without one of my fingers.  It took my poor finger and squeezed until my screaming caused my stunned friends to help me out.  Never will I ever hold onto a crab again.  Another lesson learned.  

Kelly getting ready for her picture with the monstrous crab

The crab got me.  My poor finger!

We spent the remainder of our evening at Bukbu Beach where we ate at a seaside seafood place.  Try saying that ten times fast. 

Corey successfully picking up a single kernel or corn with chopsticks

One of our last pictures before the end of the night

Our last stop was at a downtown bar, Whistlers, for a few games of darts (which I found out I kill at) and the inevitable goodbyes.  It continues to amaze me how much you can like someone after only spending less than a week with them.  I would likely never have met AJ, Corey, Kevin or Kelly if they wouldn't have decided to come to Korea to visit Ryan.  Hopefully our paths will cross sometime in the future.  If all else fails at least now I have more places to visit when I go stateside.  

All in all, the trip was amazing.  New experiences.   New friends.  Pictures that just can't do any of it justice.  I am absolutely exhausted and need another vacation to recover from my vacation.  Was it worth it?  Absolutely.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome time. Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I really like all the pictures

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete