Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunrise Sunday at Homigot

Anyone who knows me in the slightest bit knows that I am not exactly a morning person.  Alright, I am not at ALL a morning person.  I hit the snooze button.  I drag my feet getting out of bed.  I whine.  It's safe to say that being around me first thing in the morning is an experience not wanted by many.  I say this about myself to tell you about my Sunday morning.

It was decided last week that Homigot, a famous landmark in Pohang, needed to be seen.  Not only did it need to be seen, but it needed to be seen at sunrise. Currently the sun rises in Korea at 5:43am.  I live just about an hour from Homigot.  Do the math and imagine how thrilled I was about getting up at 4:30am.  Let me paint you a picture as to why the very "un-Jenn" time of sunrise was decided. There are two enormous stone hands that seem to cradle the sun as it rises and sets.  One juts out of the ocean and (when photographed correctly) is at it's most beautiful right at sunrise.  With my time in Korea coming to an end, I want to experience as much I can in the little time I had left.  One of those things was a Homigot sunrise with Dan.  Check.

What's next on my list of "must see" adventures you may ask?  Well, next weekend we are going to make yet another attempt at finding that amusement park and those ever elusive cable cars in the beautiful town of Daegu.  Let's see if we can get our navigational challenged butts in gear and check another item off my ever-growing list.  Until then, here are a few pictures from our early morning adventure to Homigot.



Sunrise at Homigot with Dan



The famous "Homigot Hands"


Quick kiss before leaving.  One of the best mornings since arriving in Korea all those months ago. 

Even though it was early (before 6am) when these pictures were taken, it was by far the best part of my Sunday.  If anyone in Korea has the option to see Homigot at sunrise you would be doing yourself a disservice NOT to go.  Grab your guy (or girl) and watch the sun peek out from being one of Korea's greatest landmarks.  Breathtaking.  

1 comment:

  1. I have yet ANOTHER reason to visit Pohang again!! I want to see those freakin' hands!

    ReplyDelete