Thursday, January 7, 2010

This is my final answer

Song of the Moment: "Hope" - Jack Johnson

The long awaited decision has been made. I have decided to go with my original gut feeling of Pohang, Korea. It was the first school that offered me a position that felt right. I will be teaching 5 year olds in the mornings and 7 year olds in the afternoon. Somehow it just feels like it's somewhere i'm needed or am supposed to be. Cheesy? Yes. But honest.

So now the countdown begins. 44 days until I go to a country where I will stick out like a sore thumb, try new and weird foods, miss everything and everyone, where i'll get lost and not be able to call Mike or Jess and have them navigate me home, where i'm sure i'll offend someone with my poorly spoken Korean and who knows what else. The trade off is I will have experiences that many will only dream of. While there are some negatives associated with leaving everything you've ever known behind, the opportunities far outweigh them. At least I think so. At least I hope so.

Ready or not...Korea here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment