Wednesday, January 6, 2010

At a Crossroads

It is 12:30am on Jan. 6, 2009 in Muncie, Indiana. I'm listening to music and hoping that my typing doesn't wake up my best friend in the other room...sleeping like a rock. I have until 9am to tell the school in Pohang, Korea if I accept their job offer. I am hoping that by that time I will have received a sign from someone bigger than me telling me what to do. I am waiting to hear from the Jacksons in Incheon, Korea on a potential job there, so until then I feel like I am doing this blind. The Pohang job will start on Feb. 20th. That's right. It STARTS Feb. 20th. If at 9am I decide that Pohang is for me then I will have less than 45 days to get everything done that needs to get done. The other will start soon after.

Regardless of where I go I will have a to-do-list that will keep me busy up until the day I leave. I will have to find time in there to save money, say goodbye to everyone who has meant something to me, purchase everything that needs purchasing and pack up my 23 year-old self into two suitcases and live in a foreign country for the next year. Easy right? I wake up some mornings wondering what the hell I was thinking when I got myself into this. Other mornings I wake up and am so excited to meet the day that I literally jump out of my bed onto the floor...convinced that the day has something to behold that is worth getting out of bed for. Convinced that I can accomplish everything I want to do. Convinced that I can do it on my own and finally feel like my life has began.

At the end of it all the truth is that I will be in some part of Korea in a little over a month. That idea in itself is part terrifying and part exhilarating. It's finally happening.

2 comments:

  1. So proud of my little Comer! I'll officially be using this to stalk you while you're off exploring the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your blog and hear all of the amazing stories. You're awesome for doing this!

    ReplyDelete