Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Marines

The past few weekends have been spent with some of the local military boys.  One of my best friends, Matt Slansky, is on his way out of Korea so I am taking advantage of the beautiful beach weather to spend as much time with him as possible.  We have been bumming around on the beach, eating western food provided by a local base and soaking up as much sun as we can.

Before meeting them I had a very negative perception of the military here in Pohang.  While that perception does fit with some of the younger, more inexperienced ones, the men I have been spending time with lately have really changed my mind.  I guess this is proof that sometimes the first impression is not the most important. 

Here are just a few pictures of the past few weeks with this specific group of friends.

My ladies of the night

The majority of the base dinner crew

They sure do know how to have a good time

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you are having a good time. I have missed not seeing or talking to you on Skype these past few weekends. My job is keeping me from even seeing your mother much. I will be keeping up with you here and patiently wait for November to roll around.

    ReplyDelete