Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cooking Challenge #1: Red Bell Pepper Bisque

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am shit in the kitchen.  I burn pretty much everything I make.  I set things on fire.  I create a mess.

All that aside, yesterday I was able (for the first time in my life) to successfully make a heart-healthy and  homemade bisque (basically just a fancy name for soup.)  It consisted of red bell peppers, onions, garlic (oh how i love it), chicken broth, celery, carrots and fancy schmancy yogurt all the way from Denmark.  Now, you may be wondering why I used yogurt in a soup but believe me when I say that it literally tastes exactly like sour cream (near to impossible to find here) and has 1/4 of the fat and calories.  Healthy improvising at its finest.  You can actually find my exact recipe here if you're eager to try something super easy and shockingly satisfying.

My first successful bisque (fancy soup) creation

No comments:

Post a Comment