Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's the Little Things in Life

[Photo courtesy of Emily Smits]

The past few months have been quite the whirlwind.  More people leaving and coming.  The weather being utterly fabulous.  Beaches being nearby.  The boyfriend being nearby.  Friends being nearby.  Clearly in the summer months I develop a bit of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).

I'm not kidding.  I get distracted so easily by the waves or the fountain at Bukbu Beach that turns different colors at night when the lights hit it.  Or the street performers that occasionally cater to the foreign population and play music we know.  Or the kebab man who sells delicious little things to nibble on.  Or the tasty little wine cooler-esque things that the corner store across the street now sells.  You get the idea.  

Just a few of my beach girls.  Left to right: Allison, Alissa
Emily, Me, Sarah and Virginia

With all of my senses going into overload it's easy to get overwhelmed and become a bit forgetful.  I was told over the weekend that I am a lovable and only slightly neurotic girl with a heaping helping of childlike enthusiasm.  I'll take that any day of the week.  I know that I get overly excited by the tiny things in life like that damn fountain or the kebab man (i'm telling you, so good!) but i'd rather be like that than someone who can't find the joy in any part of life.

With the summer at it's peak, I can honestly say that I have never been as happy as I am right now.  I live in one of the most beautiful places in all of Korea.  I am surrounded by amazing friends.  I have one heck of a great boyfriend.  A multitude of beaches are within motorcycle distance. Another camping trip is planned for this weekend.  Next weekend is mudfest.  The next weekend I go off to Jeju Island with the boy.  The next is my summer vacation where I plan on spending time at (you guessed it) the beach.

The only downside to this epic summer of mine is that my friends and family aren't here to experience it with me.  Keep following me on here you guys and know that I love to read your comments.  I'll do my best to take loads of pictures (I promise to include a few of me ON my bike Mom) and try and do a better job of updating this thing. 

That's it for now.  I'm off to the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and still haven't seen a picture with Jenn on a bike. i enjoyed my bike ride with your Dad on the big bike but I guess now I know what can happen and don't enjoy it as much as when I was your age. When I was your age I really enjoyed because I thought I was invincible and now I know I am not and it scares me to see all those vehicles coming at me. I decided you can be Dad's biker --tch.

    ReplyDelete