Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It Rarely Snows in Pohang.

So it looks like I brought the snow and ice from the Midwest back to Korea with me.  Sorry people of Pohang. My first day back resulted in a day off from school due to the snow that is so unusual in my neck of the woods.  Day number two is much of the same.  Two whole days off to recuperate.  Thank you thank you thank you.  The only downside to this blessing in disguise is the punishment that is in disguise as well.  Due to the fact that we can apparently control mother nature, we have to make up these days on Saturday.  Yes, Saturday.  One of the only days of the week where I am free from the munchkins and my less than cooperative coworkers.

My days off are including some much needed sleep and some even more needed cleaning around my pig stye of an apartment. Two huge suitcases to unpack.  Clothes to put away and yes Mom, I know I need to iron them.  Apartment organizing yet to be finished.  Working out to be done.  Clearly my to do list will keep me more than occupied.

Here are a few pictures of our most recent winter wonderland.  Not quite as entertaining as the previous pictures with the mohawked snowmen from the first snowday but interesting nonetheless.

My alley with an actual walkway 

Enough snow.  I want spring!

It's not a snow shovel, but a garden spade is a far cry
from the cardboard and dustpans used in the last snowstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment